Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mission Accomplished.

I have completed my first sewing project. Creating an entry about it may lead you to believe that it is some great thing that I made or some big accomplishment. It really isn't. I got a sewing machine a year and a half ago for Christmas and had yet to use it. The fact that I even set it up is a big accomplishment for me. I have had plans to do all sorts of things, but I haven't made time to do any of it.

I went to the Joann's last weekend because they had patterns on sale for $1.99! They must be coming out with a new catalog or something because that is an amazing deal. Normally they are $15 dollars. Most places regularly sell them for 40—50% off of that, but this was like 87% off. While I was there I got some fabric for a skirt and some chiffon material for a sash. I figured I had better start small, so I made the sash. Nothing grand, but I started! And now I am more motivated and confident in my sewing skills that I will be starting the skirt very soon.

No comments: