Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours...

and then there is a drought.

I am not entirely sure what the phrase means in relation to salt, but it has quite an application when it comes to dating. In the course of 5 months, I had one date. It wasn't even a very good one at that. Then in one week I had 4 dates. How does that happen? So, according to past experience, I should be on my dry spell. I guess I shouldn't expect another date for about 3 months.

Then there is the phrase "When the well's dry, we know the worth of water" (Ben Franklin), or "Absense makes the heart grow fonder," or "you have to know the bitter to know the sweet," or in this case, a drought makes you appreciate the flood. However, I would disagree. I think I would prefer to have a steady stream. The benefit to dating a whole bunch of guys at once is that you can compare and find out what you like most. The problem is that it doesn't leave you much personal time, and it's sometimes hard to remember what you told to whom, and worst of all, you risk hurting one, or two, or three of them.

No comments: