Monday, January 14, 2008

New Beginnings.

Last year I made a resolution to record events in a journal. I didn't make a single entry the whole year. I have made the same resolution for this year, except with renewed motivation. I was excited about it at first, but then I realized that I don't really have a computer at the moment. I have a laptop but it isn't working, and I am afraid that I will need to get a new one. Now, you may be thinking that a computer is not necessary for journal writing, but I feel that ideas flow better when I use a computer because I can revise and change words, phrasing, ideas much more effeciently (which is not to say that any post will be free of typos and errors).

Thinking proactively, I thought I would need something that I could access anywhere, and I became ambitions; I decided to start a blog. I don't think anyone is going to be interested in what I have to say. I don't even think most people will happen upon my blog. I am not much of a writer. I don't have great wit or composition skills, but that is ok. Because this is really just for me.

So, after about three or four days, I am ready to go. It took me a while to come up with a theme that I thought would be a good representation of my goals and personal mission. A lot of the names I thought of were already taken—my fault for not jumping on the band wagon of technology trends (i.e., blogging) sooner. And then I messed around on Illustrator to come up with a header, which turned out ok, I think, considering I have had no training in the program. The blog will be under construction for a little while until I get things the way I want them (my sister says the picture is blurry).

So this is it: one attempt at exposing my thoughts and feelings and making them more concrete for not only readers, but also myself.

No comments: