Saturday, June 14, 2008

Utah Summer Games Triathlon.

This was another first for me. I have never done a swimming race before. That was pretty exciting. It was also the first time that I really did an open water swim. Unfortunately, the race overall was not as fulfilling as I had hoped it would be. I don't know if that was because I did a relay and can't say that I did the whole thing, or if, after doing a half marathon, it just wasn't as grueling. It was fun to be in that atmosphere again. I am certainly going to do a full one at some point. I am hoping that the next TriUtah Woman of Steel is somewhere close because that is one I really want to do. I have wanted to do it for two years now, but I keep missing the registration. I need to get a bicycle so I can start training.

St. George was really nice though. The weather was beautiful. I was worried that the water was going to be too cold. It was at first, but after I got going it was quite nice. It was a little hot for running though.

Not that I am extremely proud of my time, but here is a link to the results .

No comments: